Monday, March 15, 2010

Finding Beauty in a Dirty Kitchen.....




My copper kettle has been working very hard today. You see, we came home from Mass yesterday to find part of our basement flooded with water! The culprit? Well, after some investigating we found that our water heater had sprung a leak! Dear Husband cleaned up the mess, but until we are able to install a new one, all the hot water that we need will have to be heated on the stove. It is amazing how much one can take a little thing like hot water for granted....



So, as I waited for my kettle to boil with the hot water I needed to wash my dishes, I surveyed my dirty kitchen. Stacks of dirty plates, pans, and mixing bowls. What a mess.








And then I began to think that if I looked hard enough, I should be able to find beauty even here in my dirty kitchen.







I think I did.





2 comments:

Cmerie said...

Kate, you have got a photographers eye! Great pictures!

I'm sorry to hear about your basement flood. That's never fun. We had a slab leak in our bathroom last summer, and we are still dealing with some issues from it. I hope things get fixed soon for you!

Kate said...

Thanks, Cmerie!

My dad and dear husband are working on installing the water heater tonight, so if all goes smoothly we should be back in business tomorrow......