Monday, June 14, 2010

The Feast of the Sacred Heart

I was very blessed to be able to celebrate my birthday on the feast of the Sacred Heart this year! What a privilege!! And I must say, that aside from several huge thunderstorms (we lost power for several hours, and had flash flooding in our area) the day was pretty much perfect! My dear husband showered me with gifts that he and the kids wrapped together. New shoes, several books, dark chocolate ........mmmmmmm.........am I ever spoiled!!!

Below, you can see the lovely apron that my mother made for me. Isn't it cute? Have I mentioned before how much I love aprons?



Then my dear husband took me out to an early dinner at The Olive Garden. It was quite romantic. After that we walked around the mall, and he bought me a really cute skirt.

When we got home I assembled this Chocolate Strawberry Shortcake. I'll have to post the recipe when I get a chance. It was very delicious -and quite fitting for the feast day, as the strawberries, when cut across, look very much like hearts!




I don't know how much posting I will be able to fit in the rest of this week, as we are heading off to Minnesota on Thursday to witness the ordination of a dear family friend to the priesthood.
And after that, my husband's folks will be coming to visit for about a week! I am so excited!! So that is what I will be busy preparing for and enjoying if you don't hear much from me over the course of the next week!

1 comment:

Cmerie said...

Happy birthday Kate! It sounds like you had a wonderful day being pampered by your family.