Friday, July 23, 2010

Last Night's Dinner

The kids were begging me for chicken noodle soup last night, and even though the day seemed a little warm for it, I gave in.

First I simmered a chicken thigh, peeled and chunked up carrots, an onion, several stalks of celery, and a bay leaf in a big pot.



When the bones in the chicken thigh were starting to come apart, I scooped it and all of the vegetables out with a slotted spoon. Then I poured the broth through a strainer and into a big bowl before returning it to the pot. I just love the golden color of chicken broth........and it smells so good too!

While I waited for the chicken to cool off a bit, I grabbed a bag of homemade egg noodles out of the freezer (~an experiment gone right;) and started them cooking.

Then I added some dried parsley, minced garlic, sliced zucchini, and green beans (the last two were fresh from the garden). Also some salt, black pepper and just a pinch of red pepper. And of course the chicken........mmmmm.


Can you believe that Boots ate four big bowls???!!! I guess that makes it a success!







No comments: