Wednesday, February 9, 2011

This and That..


Last night my dear husband took me over to the house to see the wall he and dad put up in Miss Posy's room, and the progress he has made with the wiring. It truly is amazing what he gets done in the limited amount time he is able to spend over there. I am so proud of him. And the house, even in it's state of current chaos, really does feel like home. It is so easy to picture us living there..........I really have to try hard to keep from daydreaming about what it will be like when it is finished.........when we are all moved in..........my plans for arranging the furniture........where to put a vegetable and flower gardens.....a tire swing.........the lovely old barn, and where to put the chickens,(~ when we get them;)......I could go on, but I'll spare you. Yes, it is so easy for me to get lost in dreaming and not attend to the now........
(....like the dishes I should be doing upstairs, and the shelves I should be dusting.....)
Hoping you are all staying warm and cozy, wherever you are;) Tonight it is supposed to get down to -7 (!!!!!!!!!!!!) I'm thinking hot tea, a good book, and a roaring fire, will be just the thing!

2 comments:

sweetgum12 said...

Oh cousin Kate! It's been a while since I've been on here! I love your blog!!!! I was reading this thinking how much we want the same things... I would love to have chickens here. FRESH EGGS!!! Oh and that tire swing...!!!! I'm excited for you guys to get into your new home! Hope you are enjoying the slightly warmer temps.. I have a few crocuses trying to make appearances! I told them to go back to sleep! :)

Kate said...

Thanks, dear cousin! We'll certainly have to have you over to our new home once we get in it.......maybe before...who knows?;) I am liking the warmer temperatures.......it is starting to smell like spring outside! But I do worry about the flowers getting confused. I want my bulbs to all stay sleeping too!;)

Love you!