Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Lent: Day Thirteen



I have been saving my husband's old work jeans ever since we were first married ~almost seven years ago! The plan was to eventually turn them into what you see above; a sturdy picnic-ing and lying-under-the-stars quilt. I cut out the patches about a month ago, and have spent the last two days piecing them together. And I've been thinking of all the long hours of farrier work, washing trucks, and loading trailers that these jeans have seen. Back when my husband was working two part time jobs (and going to school full time) so that I could stay home with our first two children. I love him so much.

4 comments:

Art instruction DVDs said...

This is such a great site! I like the images! Very creative!...Daniel

Kate said...

Thank you, Daniel.

MN said...

Lots of memories will be in that quilt!

Kate said...

I hope so, MN!