Thursday, March 3, 2011

Psychological Tactics






A few weeks back, Boots informed me that he is,
"The Neighborhood."
(????????!!!!!!)
It is a good thing that I am not intimidated by Neighborhoods.
~The Neighborhood doesn't want to take a bath?
Too Bad. Baths are mandatory around here.
~The Neighborhood wants lunch, now?
The Neighborhood can politely wait.
~The Neighborhood loudly protests against the injustice of naps?
Such protests fall on deaf ears. Utterly futile.
~The Neighborhood celebrates A Festival of Toys (~that's what it looks like, anyway) in my living room?
It is in The Neighborhood's best interest to clean it up. Pronto.
See?
"The Neighborhood" approach doesn't work well with me.
So yesterday, Boots stated that he is "The Dog."
I am becoming suspicious.
Knowing Boots, I am quite plausibly the target of a very complex psychological plot.
But I'm not in the least bit worried.
I'm "The Mom."

1 comment:

Cmerie said...

Love it Kate. Mine try that too. ;-)