Monday, April 11, 2011

Lent: Day Twenty-nine



I spied these bits of sunshine from my kitchen window this morning, and they are just what I needed!

My knight in shining armor left yesterday afternoon ( it's a business trip......you know, dragon slaying.........or, more properly, learning the latest in dragon slaying techniques...;), and won't be back till very early Saturday morning. I miss him. But I keep thinking of ladies I know whose husbands have to be gone for weeks at a time........and sometimes even months! They are amazing. Thinking of them helps me keep my chin up.

It is a gray day outside, but we had such a lovely sunny weekend........

And the weather is mild enough to have the windows open, so I am counting my blessings:)


2 comments:

Cmerie said...

Praying for you Kate! It's so hard when Daddy is gone. It sometimes helps to use this time to let things go a little more and do extra snuggling and playing with the kiddos. At least that's what helps me. ;-)

Kate said...

Thanks so much, Cmerie! And you are absolutely right! :)