Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Wild Onions




The children have been returning from their long outdoor rambles with pockets stuffed full of these. I smile, because I remember doing the same thing myself! Wild onions are so tasty in or on just about everything.....




We've been getting quite a lot of rain lately, but it's quite all right with me. A feathery green mist of budding leaves is slowly creeping through all the woodlands and thickets. And the birds are up before the sun, and then long after dusk, filling the air with music. I love Spring......




I stopped by our new/old house on Saturday and found so many lovely little surprises awaiting me. Not only have all the crocuses, daffodils, and tulips that I bought last fall come up, but:


~There are other daffodils and tulips springing up in random areas of the yard and little tiny grape hyacinths as well(!).......I'm thinking they must be the remnants of a long forgotten garden;


~A huge bush out south that we were trying in vain to identify is covered in gorgeous magenta buds;


~And all the old lilac bushes are starting to slowly show signs of life.......as well as an ancient trumpet vine........




I am so excited!!!!

No comments: