Monday, June 13, 2011

What Remains of The Day...



Roses......
(I keep trying to remember to stop and smell them every time I pass the kitchen table)

Chocolate...........
(Mmmm! I've been slowly savoring each bite!)

And unfortunately nothing remains of the cake,
but here is a picture of what it looked like before we cut into it.
I layered a homemade chocolate angel food cake
with chocolate ganache and strawberries......

(........on second thought, perhaps it is rather fortunate that it is all gone. It was excessively delicious;)


So really. 

Does a girl honestly need anything else on her birthday?
I didn't think so.
Except of course, the company of her Knight-in-Shining Armor, and four precious children.
God is so good.
I have been very blessed.


4 comments:

Cmerie said...

Happy happy birthday Kate! Mmm..that cake looks so good.

Kate said...

Thank you Cmerie! Wish I could have shared some of the cake with you!

Cynthia Berenger said...

Many happy returns of the day, dear Kate!

Kate said...

Thank you Cynthia!

~Kate