Friday, July 1, 2011

Inverting the Fish Bowl


 I love to decorate with shells in the summertime, and was especially excited when my mom brought back a few star fish from a vacation the Carolinas. The question was how to display them where they could be easily viewed, and yet be safe from little hands and dust...... I thought of the glass dome things (can't remember their proper names) which I had seen a few years back in an issue of Country Living. If only I had a few of those! But then inspiration struck, and I remembered an old fish bowl that was doing nothing in particular except collecting dust on top of one of my cabinets. I got it down, dusted it off, inverted it carefully over an arrangement of shells, and Voila! I think it suits my purpose quite well!
But I couldn't stop there. I scrounged around among my other vases and found these smaller ones that you can see below:



And, as a finishing touch, I tucked some shells inside my grape vine wreath. 




The kids really like it, and as it has been up for about a month now without any breakage, I think I may safely call it a success!

1 comment:

Cynthia Berenger said...

Dear Kate,

What a creative idea! I love bringing the beauty of nature indoors.

Agape always,
Cynthia