Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Peaches and Specs


I don't think I mentioned that earlier this summer we found that we had a little old peach tree growing in our east yard. We had seen it there, but had had a hard time identifying it, since it was absolutely covered in poison ivy. *Shudder* My Knight in S. A.  donned protective clothing and attacked it (the ivy of course;) with Roundup and we hoped and hoped that our little peach tree would survive.........and it did!
And we've gotten over a dozen tasty little peaches from it as well! The kids are in heaven.

On to the spectacles........My dad discovered them in a wall by the attic stairs, complete with their leather case, and also a little old mirror, framed in wood and in really nice shape ~once I get a chance to clean it up a bit. Makes me wonder what else is back behind those walls.........

As to an update on the house, well, the fellows are almost finished with the plumbing, are putting in tubs and showers, and just need to run some feed wires to hook up the new electrical circuits they installed. We are getting bids for the new drywall that we hope to have installed sometime next month. Our new kitchen is ordered ~Hurray!! (Yes, I am very excited about this!)  and I have been thinking about paint colors and flooring options. My Knight thinks we'll be in by Thanksgiving, but I just keep thinking that if we are in by Christmas, I'll be thrilled. I haven't posted pictures lately because nothing has really changed aesthetically. Once the drywall is hung and we start painting, I will post picture updates, I promise!

2 comments:

Cmerie said...

Mmm...peaches! Our neighbors on either side of us have orange and grapefruit trees. Since they drape over into our yard, we help ourselves to them. They don't seem to mind. :)

The history in your old (new) house seems so amazing. If only the walls could talk right?

Can't wait to see you!

Kate said...

How lovely to have fresh oranges and grapefruit!!! I wish we could grow them up here! It is interesting what we have found in our old/new house. I would love to travel back in time and see what it was like 100-150 years ago.

Can't wait to see you all too!

~Kate