Monday, October 31, 2011

All Hallows' Eve


It is dreary outside, but we don't mind! Inside we have our pumpkins, all ready for carving.....



...our caramels (which children all unwrapped for me;) melting down, to make caramel apples.
And our doughnuts...er, I mean "soul cakes." (I thought that the chocolate, coconut, and powdered sugar ones would be perfect for a little lesson on the effects of mortal and venial sin, as well as sanctifying grace, on the soul;) 



And I was inspired (by my guardian angel, I am sure) to affix little stickers to all the pieces of candy with the name of a departed loved one written on each one. (The children are also good at helping with this;) The idea is to offer a small prayer for the person named on the sticker before eating the piece of candy.




I hope everyone has a most blessed feast day tomorrow!

No comments: