Tuesday, June 19, 2012

A Bit More About Boston....


Actually, more specifically, Rockport.


My dear Knight knew that I have always wanted to spend some time in New England, so for my birthday this year, he started scheming. He involved a dear cousin's husband when he found that he too was trying to plan something special for her birthday, which is just a month before mine. (We both turned thirty this year!)


They surprised us both, and we all flew in to Boston on my birthday (Monday, the 11th) where we rented a car and drove up the coast to Rockport. There we checked in to the most charming Bed and Breakfast . ~It has always been a dream of mine to stay at a Bed and Breakfast........and it was wonderful. The rooms were lovely(~we stayed in room five, and my cousin and her husband stayed in room three, just down the hall from us), and every morning we were treated to an absolutely delicious breakfast.


For two full days (~we flew home Thursday morning) we walked all over, enjoyed the most delicious fresh seafood (I think my favorite was a lobster ravioli......it was amazing!) and just sat around and talked and relaxed.
It was wonderful.


My cousin and I agreed that it was the best birthday gift ever!
:)

No comments: