Monday, July 23, 2012

Welcome Rain





After a couple months of terrible drought, this morning's rain was a bit of heaven. A beautiful steady-yet-light "growing rain."
Things have been very busy here. We all have been battling nasty colds, poor Boots especially. Lots of tea, and today I have a huge pot of homemade chicken broth brewing away on the stove. I'm toying with the idea of canning about three quarters of it......If I'm feeling extra adventurous, that is........;) If not, I'll just freeze it!

Tomorrow is a big day for my Knight, as he goes before a committee to defend his proposal (I think that is what it is called, anyway!:); a very big step on the way to getting his Doctorate. My parents have agreed to take the children for the day, so I get to tag along and watch him give his defense. Exciting. If you can spare any prayers for him, they would be very much appreciated!

Well, I guess I had better get back to my broth and make up my mind once and for all about what to do with all of it! 

No comments: