Thursday, January 31, 2013

Unsorted Socks, Where Are You Friday, And Other Randomness(~Is that even a word?)


Do you like matching socks? I do not. And there is a nice big basket full of them in the laundry room. I am determined to enlist Miss Posy's aid and get to the bottom of the basket by this evening......I've been determined to do this all week.......maybe this time I will be successful.


She and I did manage to get almost all the other laundry folded this morning though! Happiness!



Even if I forgot all about my tea until it was cold.:(


What a week. Colds and sore throats. Gloomy, rainy, sink-full-of-dirty-dishes-from-the-night-before kind of mornings. (Friday, where are you????!!!!) Last night I did manage to get the dishes done, and this morning we woke up to a light dusting of snow ~so things are looking up again......even though it is very cold.



We've been bundling up in sweaters. The one above is a favorite of mine. I love the over-sized buttons. (Had to button it up top because I spilled tea on my shirt this morning and didn't have a chance to change......hope I can get the stain out, as it's one of my favorite shirts!) 


It is the feast of St. John Bosco today, and somehow I managed to make cookies in his honor. Used my cookie press for the very first time, and chose this pattern because I thought it would be a great way to commemorate the "three R's" of the Salesian method: Reason, Religion, and Kindness. It also makes me think of three juggling balls.......and St. John Bosco, if I remember correctly, had a bit of a reputation as a juggler:) We plan to enjoy some with tea. Lots of tea.

Hope you have a happy feast day!

No comments: