Thursday, March 13, 2014

Exciting Things, Part lll


Two weeks ago (tomorrow) my Knight and I (and Little Lady) were on our way to Arizona.
A very good friend (from the Wyoming college days) was getting married, and we decided (~a tad on the side of last minute;) to attend. 
We got in late Friday night, and the wedding took place Saturday afternoon.
It poured rain all day (~the first rain they had had since last fall!), but after the wedding the clouds broke, the sun came out.........and I simply cannot describe to you the beautiful colors! The picture above does not do it justice. It didn't seem real. And just in time for wedding pictures! God is so good. 


Arizona is beautiful.
I was in awe.
I couldn't get enough of the mountains and the cacti.




After Mass on Sunday, we spent the afternoon and evening with some other dear friends.
(~Also from Wyoming college days! What a coincidence!:)
It was so lovely. They have such a beautiful family.




And then on Monday, we drove four hours to the south rim of the Grand Canyon.





My friends, all the words and pictures in the world, could never do it justice.
(If you have ever been there, you understand, right?)




The brain reels at the vastness....






......the dizzying heights.......





......the sheer beauty......




I felt like I was in a daze.





It just didn't seem possible.





But it is.





On our way to the Watchtower, to get a view of the sunset over the canyon, we were held up by a herd of elk! It was my very first time to see them in person, and it was something for a first time! 


They were so close, I almost could have touched one by reaching out the window!



It was really pretty funny! They were in no way intimidated by all the vehicles, but just calmly went about their business, foraging and what-not.




But, back to the Grand Canyon.....



........just knowing that for all its immensity, it is just the tiniest reflection of God's majesty...



I think that is what is most awe~inspiring of all.



It brought on a great longing...
...a great yearning...
for Him. 







We were, unfortunately, a bit late to enter the little gift shop.
It looked so charming.


Perhaps next time.




And early the next morning, we flew back home.




Dear Arizona, I hope we can visit you again!

4 comments:

Clare said...

How amazing!!!

Kate said...

It really was! :)

~Kate

Cmerie said...

You got some amazing pictures Kate! It was so fun having you here and getting to meet your newest sweet girl. I'm glad your trip was a fun one. :)

Kate said...

Thanks so much, Cmerie! I don't think they could help but turn out amazing, given the subject! :) It was so much fun. Hope we can see you all again soon.
May God bless you!

~Kate