Thursday, February 24, 2011

While We're on the Subject...

....how about a few more pictures of our house? Here's another closer shot of the mantle:


Below, you can see some of the lovely wainscoting in the dining room ( ~and a family friend working on the wiring).



Did I ever mention the huge windowsills in the living and dining rooms? ~I love them!






Here is more wainscoting on the wall dividing the living and dining rooms.




And, just for good measure, I thought I'd post a picture of the old wooden door I wrote about in my last post. Perhaps someday I'll take a shot of the staircase it conceals............;)




Oh, and I forgot to mention that the carpets are now a thing of the past. Upstairs there are some good wooden floors that, with a little work, will look very nice. Downstairs the original wooden floors are really not worth saving.........except possibly the living room.........we'll just have to see.
The wiring is almost completed, and then the fellows move on to plumbing! Hurray!!!

1 comment:

Cmerie said...

The stories that house could tell! And that door. Definitely spooky! ;-) So excited for you!