Monday, March 28, 2011

Lent: Day Seventeen

Its finished!!!! Below, you can see a few examples of the fun little embellishments........


They were kind of intuitive, really(~which totally appeals to the artist in me;).

No need to follow the instructions right down to the stitch...




But rather put in the little buds and blossoms where I just knew they belonged.

Even added a few extras here and there....



So much fun! Now I am going to take a bit of a break from cross-stitch, and start embellishing my quilt. More "free hand" embroidery. I'm thinking I will work mostly in blues, with perhaps some purples mixed in here and there. Possibly even a few touches of yellow.........the sky is the limit, really. It will be interesting to see. Sometimes the best things happen when I don't have a particular plan. I'll keep you updated!

No comments: