Friday, August 5, 2011

Did You Know...



....that pumpkin~peach muffins are really quite delicious? I had my doubts. You see, I had half(ish) a can of pumpkin and (not quite) half a jar of my red wine peach preserves languishing in the refrigerator. And this morning, as I was trying to figure out what I should make for breakfast, I thought ~why not?! Worse case scenario I eat them myself over the course of the next week in penance for subjecting my family (yet again) to more of my "scientific experiments". So, the pumpkin got mixed in with the batter, and the peach preserves I used as filling.

The finished product was very tasty. Next time I might add a streusel topping though....

~And, as a side note, the pumpkin added to the batter gave the muffins a beautiful almost-peachy tint. Wish I could say I planned that......;)

No comments: