Thursday, August 4, 2011

What I Did Yesterday.....



Anyone who really knows me, knows that I love aprons. I have been meaning to make myself a new one all summer, and yesterday, when I was suppposed to be mending my Knight's work shorts, inspiration struck. Earlier in the day I had seen this and later, rummaging through some old piles of discarded denim, I happened across a jumper (it really looked more like a tent than a jumper;) someone had given me in a bag of maternity clothes several years ago. I had been saving it......to make into something. Perfect! I ripped it apart and began cutting, pinning and sewing it into the halter-top style apron you see below.


And here you can see the pretty cotton fabric (from my stash) that I used to line it. Also the hidden inside pockets. ~A good apron always needs pockets!


I couldn't believe how well it all  went together, though I just "winged it" without a pattern.(~ It's crazy, but it seems like I do my very best sewing this way........intuitively. More often than not, patterns give me all kinds of grief.....though I will admit that they are necessary for more detailed projects than this one!)


But the best thing is that it didn't cost me a dime to make....
......and I have enough left-over fabric to make Miss Posy a new apron too!

2 comments:

Cynthia Berenger said...

Cute and practical synthesize! Love it!

Agape always,
Cynthia

Kate said...

Thanks, Cynthia!

~Kate