Friday, January 11, 2013

How it Progresseth.....


Remember this? It has gotten a lot bigger! And that is good considering it was a Christmas gift (unfortunately unfinished:( ) to my Knight. He is quite tall (...for those who have not met him, about 6 ft. 4in.)  so I still do have a good ways to go. The nice thing is, now that he knows it is his, he can tell me exactly how wide and long to make it.
So this is what I have been working on in the evenings, or when I am sitting down to feed Little Lady and not reading Titus Andronicus. I guess I never mentioned how my crazy resolution of the new year was to begin reading The Complete Works of William Shakespeare, Vol I. I have always wanted to read his complete works, and figured that if I am ever going to succeed I had better stop wanting and start doing instead. So yes, Titus Andronicus comes first......though it seems there are conflicting opinions about whether Shakespeare did actually write it or not, as it is not really in his typical style. I'm about half way through, and it is very grim and gruesome. I think it has firmly lodged itself in position as the least of my favorites.......so far anyway;) The language is beautiful though. It is hard for me not to read Shakespeare aloud. It begs to be read aloud. It is too grand to be read in silence. So sometimes I can't help myself, and I just do. And the children look at me curiously, as if I have finally lost my last few precious threads of sanity. Perhaps they are right........;)


No comments: