Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Cleaning's A Breeze...

.......when you have a pair of these. And I am talking about the rubber gloves, although the Bar Keepers Friend is very handy as well( ~especially if you find yourself plagued with hard-water stains) My mother found the gloves for me, and I must say, they certainly make scrubbing out the tub feel downright glamorous. I am certain the Elizabeth Taylor wore something similar whenever she cleaned hers;) But I digress.

Yes, today I am busy cleaning bathrooms. And not just a standard cleaning, but a get-out-the-toothbrush sort of cleaning. Tomorrow we travel up north to spend a few days with my Knight-in-Shining-Armor's family, and then we will all come back here to spend  a lovely week together. I can hardly wait. So hence the toothbrush in the bathroom. There are other things I can let slide when I have company, but if I have a bathroom that feels less than sanitary, I feel horrible. And having two little boys who use it makes it extra challenging.

But, one bathroom is almost done, and then there is only one to go.
And that is where the picture below comes in.



Yesterday, I stirred up some chocolate custard. I had about eleven egg yolks in my refrigerator from when I made the chocolate angel food cake, and they were enough for a double batch. I love making custard. It is so much fun watching it suddenly thicken. Anyway, a small bowl of this ( I caution you that it is quite rich!) topped with whipped cream(after I had a proper lunch, of course) was just what I needed to give me the necessary energy to type this post and now go on to cleaning the next bathroom...

So, till next time then.......which probably won't be till late next week!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I stopped by and enjoyed your blog--
now I must get to a job I planned on for this evening - cleaning bathrooms!
thanks for the reminder!

Kate said...

You are welcome! :)

~Kate